Tuesday, September 26, 2006

I Crack Myself Up

The other night, my new friend came over, and we were progressing to some intimate contact. There had been music playing in the background. I don't normally care about background noise, since I'm usually focused on other things anyway. But, the music ended while we were still in the beginning stages, and the silence apparently bothered my friend. He asked me to put something else on.

He's a hiphop head, and he said, "None of your music now."
"Oh, so I can't put on Nine Inch Nails?"
"Ha! No, none of that. Put on some hip hop."
"Ok. I got just the thing." I giggled as I said it.
"Oh no..."

I put on dead prez. They're a very political, black power kind of hiphop. They describe themselves as somewhere between NWA and Public Enemy. And they are awesome.

I picked "I'm A African" just because I love that song. It's heavy thumping drums, distorted machine gun sounds, yelling about being African. It's harsh, definitely not a sexy song. So of course I had to sing along...

"Nigga the red is for the blood in my arm
The black is for the gun in my palm
And the green is for the tram that grows natural
Like locks on Africans
Holdin the smoke from the herb in my abdomen..."

(Lyrics)

He just looked at me.

I laughed and said, "Come on now. Put it on me wi' yo' African ass!"

Sex should be fun, right?


Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?